Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Meeting's good in the neighborhood

After our normal semi-monthly meeting, we repaired to the Appleby's for food, drink, and chat - there to be joined by Mr. Bingley (one of a select group). Much enjoyment all around.

Arguments about stuff are sometimes fun, often informative, but only important inasmuch as the topics impact real people. And that's why I blog. I like meeting people. I love getting to know them in their conversations. I enjoy working through whatever topics may cross our path. It's a treat when I get to shake hands with somebody I've been bantering with for months. My friends will laugh - I'm usually going on about something or other, and in fact that's what drew Mr. B's attention to where we were sitting (I might as well admit it) - but the friends are the thing. And the readings we covered for our Bible study last night say it quite well.

By the way, Mr. B - sorry about the Hawaiian shirt. Still in the wash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite! A very nice group of folks, who tolerated some strange fellow with a pint of Bass bargeing into their gathering quite admriably.

And it was the Islanders hat that was the giveaway...