Monday, December 17, 2007

Letters...

..to God.

Realizing they were too old to write letters to Santa Claus, Jonathan Mihal came up with a better idea, much more in keeping with the religion class he teaches at Cathedral Grammar School here in the South End of the city.

He decided to have his eighth-graders write to God.

“A lot of times, kids their age won’t verbalize, telling you how they really feel,” he explained. “So I thought this might be a good way to get them to open up, especially since the class is all about our faith. I asked them to write on the theme, ‘Why, God, why?’ ”

Mihal, 27, in his third year of teaching, assumed it would be an enjoyable assignment, even whimsical, perhaps revealing imagination and humor. He was, however, in for a big surprise.

I have no comment, other than what He said:


"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11 :28-30

No comments: