Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm not calling my congresswoman this week


A friend asked me if I was calling my congresswoman this week ask her to do the clear and unambigious will of the people of American and Florida and stop whatever magic trick they are planning to do the pass this health care mess.

I can't do it. For one thing, in my case it would be a waste of time. Rep. Kathy Castor's district is heavily gerrymandered Democrat; as long as she doesn't give birth to Glenn Beck's love child her seat is safe.

As for my Dem Senator Bill Nelson, he could be reached if he were up for re-election this year. But this guy has crawled into a hole until 2012.

I'm guessing that their DC offices will not be taking calls this week. Being the angry, right-wing nut that I am, if I got through to a local office I would probably take the opportunity to get my licks in while I can. It would be wrong for me to offer to come up to Sen. Nelson's office and help him find his kugeln. Or make cracks about him hot racking with Lt Cmdr Massa.

During this Lenten season, I'm thinking that if our Lord could silently face the mistreatment and abuse he took on the way to the cross, maybe I can hold my tongue a little bit during a time when elected officials disrespect voters..

Maybe I can give up snark for Lent.

No comments: