Monday, November 10, 2008

Raindrops Keep Faling On My Head

Well, maybe not raindrops.
Jersey City councilman Steven Lipski said he "resolved not to touch alcohol again."

The New Jersey councilman who allegedly urinated on a crowd of concertgoers from the balcony of a Washington, D.C. nightclub swore off booze on Sunday -- two days after he was busted for the embarrassing stunt.

Jersey City councilman Steven Lipski has reportedly been arrested for urinating on a crowd of concertgoers from the balcony of a Washington D.C. nightclub.

"I've resolved not to touch alcohol again," two-term Jersey City councilman Steve Lipski told the Fox 5 New York.

He went on to say that the incident was "deeply humiliating, very embarrassing" and troubling," the Daily News reported.

The 44-year-old Democratic councilman refused to admit to the lewd stunt.
"I can't comment on that," he told Fox5 News. "I'm going to continue to do all the good things, and I'm not going to let this overshadow me."

Lipski was in D.C. to see a Grateful Dead tribute band and was spotted relieving himself by one of the club's staffers around 9:50 p.m., club sources told the Daily News. He was charged with simple assault.
Guys, I've done this. But I was a polite drunk. I always made sure that the landing zone was clear.

"I've resolved not to touch alcohol again." Do you know how many times I've said that? Does this guy know what needs to be done? Or, as our Lord would say, is he ready to count the cost?

No comments: