Sunday, October 11, 2009

A visit to the new library

The new library in my 'hood is fully automated with many bells and whistles. One can check out books without human intervention.

That includes books on hold. I received an email from the library telling me that Mark Levin's book was in and to come and get it. The books on hold are on a separate shelf. Each book has a tag with a name on the binder. I found my book easily. I also found some books that youngsters in my church had on hold. Smart as whips and well-read too.

The price to be paid for reading books for free is that your pals who go to the same library can know what you have on the hold shelf. So if you have a hankering for 'The Satanist's Bible' or 'the Girls of Penthouse - a Pictorial' you may want to go with the plain brown wrapper in the mail route.

Of course, we don't have this guy stinking up the place.

No comments: