Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I predict 2011

"Amnesty" Mel Martinez will be hired by La Raza when he leaves the Senate:


Sen. Mel Martinez (R-Fla.) came to the defense of Sonia Sotomayor today, saying he doesn't hold her "wise Latina" remarks against her. In fact, he supports them.

"For someone who is of Latin background, personally, I understand what she is trying to say," Martinez said after meeting with Sotomayor today. "Which is, the richness of her experience forms who she is. It forms who I am."

I believe Martinez is the first Republican senator to actively defend Sotomayor. This could be one of those symbolic turning points.

Martinez also said he expects Sotomayor to be confirmed "with pretty good numbers."


When I changed my voter registration from GOP to No Party Affilliation, I cut up my old voter registration card and mailed it to Amnesty Mel. His support for wise Latina is greasing the skids for a lobbyist gig with La Raza or some other Hispanic civil rights group.


I have never missed an even year election. Will the GOP give me a reason to show up?

No comments: