Saturday, July 11, 2009

One thing I wouldn't do

I like B16. As a non-Catholic I have some doctrinal differences with Pope Benedict but he's one of the good guys. And I would be thrilled to have the chance to meet him. Though if I did meet him I wouldn't tell whoppers to his face.

Obama told the pope of his commitment to reduce the number of abortions and of his attention and respect for the positions of the Catholic Church," Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told reporters after he was briefed by the pope.

Obama supports abortion rights and says his policy is to change economic and social conditions so as to put more women in situations where they do not feel they have to have an abortion.

I heard a talk show host say that B16's IQ is in the 180s, so I'm sure he figured out that there wasn't a whole lot of vertitas coming from the Obamessiah.

Then, it's not every day that a pope meets someone more Catholic than he.

No comments: