Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Boss, I can't make it in today..

...I'm gay.
Some same-sex marriage supporters are urging people to "call in gay" Wednesday to show how much the country relies on gays and lesbians, but others question whether it's wise to encourage skipping work given the nation's economic distress.

Organizers of "Day Without a Gay" - scheduled to coincide with International Human Rights Day and modeled after similar work stoppages by Latino immigrants - also are encouraging people to perform volunteer work and refrain from spending money.
Maybe I'm feeling particularly insensitive today, but I think this is hilarious. The guy who dreamt this up is "Sean Hetherington, a West Hollywood comedian and personal trainer". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I remember when the illegals did this last year. In Tampa we have many - there are several hundred living about a quarter mile east of where I write these words. Last year all I noticed was less traffic.

When cops do this it's called the blue flu. Would this be called the lavender cold?

No comments: