Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sorry for the lack of posting..

.. and unlike the Fly, it's not because I'm married to someone as wonderful as the Ladybug.

My boss actually insisted that I earn my paycheck last week. I spent three days working at various residential air conditioning installs as a common laborer. Being a guy used to flying a desk I took pain killers and crashed all day Saturday. Except to go out and buy the chicken which I am now baking.

Here are a few quick highlights from last week:

The poop-throwing monkey probably froze to death. Last week it got into the low 30’s here in Tampa. It was the coldest I experienced here in the 12 years I’ve lived in Florida. I was wearing a coat I had never worn outside of New Jersey.

I spent a few hours in the Hillsborough County Building Department. My employer has a statewide license as opposed to the county one. We don’t work outside the county, but we avoid having the county oversee our license. Every time I call the county I seem to be waking someone up. But going there you can see the long table. On one side are the contractors struggling to make a buck. On the other side are county employees who have job security as long as they are not caught with pictures of naked eight year olds.

About Revvum Lowery’s inaugural prayer. I’ve been trying to find a way to put this delicately, but it’s been a long week and my back hurts. I know the revvum is a million years old, but he must have a special Bible where only white people are sinners and must “embrace what’s right”. There is a word for people who make judgments about others based on the color of their skin, a word that Revvum Lowry has used to call others.

Any discussion of my sins would be a long one, for my sins are legion. But I refuse to be on the hook for the sins of my ancestors. If you are upset with my daddy, then I suggest that you get the Witch of Endor (1 Samuel 28) head down to Arlington National Cemetery section 35 marker 4456 and take it up with him, because I don’t want to hear it.

No comments: