Thursday, January 01, 2009

This guy is a country song

You've hear a multitude of prayers on my behalf
I pray that one more is not too much to ask
I've tried to fight this battle by myself
But it's a war that I can't win without Your help

To-night I'm as low as any man can go
I'm down and I can't fall much farther
And once upon a time You turned the water into wine
Now on my knees I'm turning to You Father
Could You help me turn the wine back into water

-country singer T. Graham Brown

John Daly out of the PGA for six months.
John Daly smashed one tee shot off the top of a beer can during a pro-am. At another tournament, he returned from a rain delay with Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden as his caddie. And his most memorable photo this year came in an orange jail suit, eyes half-closed.

Daly said Wednesday that such unwelcome publicity is why the PGA Tour suspended him for six months.

The two-time major champion confirmed his suspension to The Associated Press, calling this the low point of an 18-year career during which he has made as much news off the course as he has with his prodigious game.
Now it is clear in God's Word the He made wine to gladden men's hearts. And alcohol itself is not evil. Jesus made the stuff out of water. Paul told Timothy to drink some to ease his stomach.

The problem is the stain of sin upon humanity. One of sin's manifestations is that guys like John Daly and me need to stay away from that which most of humankind can enjoy.

Though I did learn one fact about Daly.
He drew the most attention from the night in jail. Daly told the AP that his friends called police when they feared he had passed out, claiming they were unaware he sleeps with his eyes open when he's had too much to drink.


No comments: