Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Of Thee I Sing

There are two Christmas holidays. The Santa and reindeer and tree one, and the shepherds and manger and birth of the Babe. (There is a tree as well, about thirty years later.)

One of the things I enjoy about the Christmas season is getting an opportunity to sing the music of the latter Christmas (c'mon, the REAL Christmas). This week I had two opportunities to sing Christmas carols (with a third to follow).


I am thankful that God allows me do this. He allows me to sing in the church music team even though I can barely read music and can only sing harmony to country music.

I know that positionally I am His child all the time, but the moments that I am singing songs about Him, for Him and to Him are the rare times that I am not a total screw-up.

No comments: