Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Disco Limo

I first saw the disco limo when it drove up to the church carrying the bride and her entourage. It looked like a 20 passenger tour bus.

That is until I joined the rest of the wedding party after the wedding to be transported to the site where pictures were taken. It had no conventional seats - padded seating went along the walls. There were coolers built into the walls (The one next to me had Diet Coke -the Lord provides) and the back was extra comfy for the guests of honor, the just nuptualized Nightfly and Ladybug. They also had access to the CD player which was playing that disco music you kids listen to nowadays.

All this vehicle needed was a mirrored ball hanging from the ceiling. The walls and ceiling had lights and reflective materials. And a sound system that is the envy of any which has blown my ears out while waiting at a red light in an intersection. (It's always the one type of "music" I hear at intersections. No "Hillbilly Deluxe" from Brooks & Dunn. No Nazareth's "Hair of the Dog".)

We took the disco limo to the mansion used in the filming of the movie "Annie". (Yes, I sang a bit of the song - couldn't resist.) The pro photogs took some great pictures. I liked the "Cinderella" series of the Ladybug running down the stairs losing the glass slipper - and our Prince - the Fly finding it and her.

I know this is a little out of sequence storytelling-wise, but I had to describe the disco limo.

No comments: