Sunday, August 05, 2007

It's go time

It's 1:00 am. In 14 hours, I will be a married man.

Beforehand, there are certain preparations a guy has to make. My Ladybug is a wonderful lass but it wouldn't be fair to ask her to take me AND my playoff beard.


I've got your 'Pick Me Up' bouquet!
First things first. A man has to have the proper tools for any task.

The weed whacker is standing in the corner.
As I went along, I had to consider the proper stopping point. After all, maybe a few whiskers would convey a sense of mystery and dignity.

I am proud to accept the Whig Party nomination for 1892.
Then I figured that girls really dig the bad boys.

Tomorrow we bake.  Tonight we RIDE!
However, bad boys don't normally have such lopsided fu manchus. Guess it's better to make a clean break of it.

Not bad.  You can't see the spot where I took six stitches from a high stick.
Now, The Stubbly looks fine from a distance, but is less agreeable when dancing, taking 8x10 wedding portraits, etc. At this stage you could use my chin to sand the bannister. I'm going to have to make a second pass.

Owie!
Great, my sideburns are as crooked as that fu manchu. Nobody tells me anything.


Well, there you have it. One thing I didn't anticipate was that my nose would stand out so obviously afterward. Maybe it's because I overdid the flash on this last picture, and I've been drained of color.

That's OK. You'll have noticed the date in the corner of the pix; I've had time since them to stop bleeding from that scrape on my jawline. This post sat for a while, and since I won't have time for anything else for the next week or so, I pulled it up and changed some of the text. (What else is there to do at 1:00 am the morning of my wedding? I'm too jazzed to sleep right now.) The Spider (not pictured) will be back sooner, however, after having seen me safely hitched and returning home.

Until then, thanks for sticking with me for nearly three years; for all the good comments and conversation, and most of all for all of you who've stopped by here or in email (or even posts!) with best wishes for the wedding. It means a lot to both of us.

No comments: