Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Safe Terrorists

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, my boss is actually trying to make me earn my paycheck and I still haven’t figured out how to post from my home computer, but here goes:

You Jersey dwellers may have already caught this one about the Burlington High hostage drill and the choice of fake terrorists that they will never face:

Two Burlington Township police detectives portrayed the gunmen. Investigators described them as members of a right-wing fundamentalist group called the “New Crusaders” who don't believe in separation of church and state. The mock gunmen went to the school seeking justice because the daughter of one had been expelled for praying before class.

All over this story we are told how realistic this drill was. Except for maybe the hypothetical terrorists. It isn't just the desire not to offend, but the school had to choose bad guys from a group that would not put the school at risk if offended.

We have this same problem in Tampa, where the media kissed CAIR’s tush.

No comments: