Friday, September 19, 2008

I Can Run For President...

...at least that's what the judge says.
A federal judge has thrown out a lawsuit seeking to remove John McCain from the California ballot because he was born in the Panama Canal Zone.

U.S. District Judge William Alsup ruled late Tuesday that the law at the time of McCain's birth automatically granted citizenship to offspring of U.S. citizens.

McCain's parents were both citizens when McCain was born Aug. 29, 1936, in the Panama Canal Zone, a U.S. territory where his father was stationed with the U.S. Navy.

Okay, it's about McCain, but I was born under the same circumstances in the US Army Hospital in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Run for president? Me? The opposition research on me would be a target-rich environment.

Interviews would be a disaster, "Cut the Pferdkaese, Couric. You hate my guts and your head is so far up Obama's orifice that you need a flashlight. Next question."

I would lose, but I would have fun doing it.

No comments: