Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

Global warming is my fault.
HIGH rates of obesity in richer countries cause up to a billion extra tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions every year, compared with countries with leaner populations, according to a study that assesses the additional food and fuel needs of the overweight.
And I thought I had the smallest carbon footprint around.


The TV show “24” is starting to get on my nerves. One of the many reasons that I do not watch NBC is the network’s slavish devotion to Mother Gaia. You’ve got Jack Bauer torturing people between PSA from the shows actors asking me to help Jack save the environment. Is there any escape?

Other Earth Day tidbits:

A convicted murderer loved by liberals (not Mumia, another guy) was a
co-founder of Earth Day.

Today is also Vladimir Lenin’s
129th birthday. Coincidence?

No comments: