Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stuck in the middle with Q - American Idol round of seven

Movie music, y'all, with Quentin Tarantino as the mentor. I wonder if he vetoed anyone who suggested that they'd sing something they heard in his movies.

The really short version - the judges are only going in pairs, so the contestants will not hear from half of the panel. Stupid idea. It doesn't really matter. In fact this will be a short post because I'm on vacation with my lovely wife and am enjoying myself too much to get too wound over this.

Basically what you need to know is that everyone sang wretched power ballads like "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" and "Everything I Do, I Do for You." Snoreville. Well, Danny's "Endless Love" was good, and I liked Kris with a K, who looks more like Hal Sparks every minute. And then there's Adam, who smoked "Born to Be Wild." Absolutely killed. There's him, and then there's six other people who are just marking time. Poor Lil. I'm in the minority here, since Ladybug thought it was "aight" and so did our friends - but I think Lil was terrible. Way too many pointless runs, and most of it was off-pitch.

Q was kind of wasted. I wanted to see him in the judges' panel, but with not enough time to let everyone talk as it is, well, no chance. Pity. He was terrific in season three.

The judges apparently used the save for Matt. So we re-do the seven next week. Usually this means they split folks up into two sets of three, and let poor number seven pick which trio is safe. I hope they resist the temptation this time.

No comments: