Monday, December 19, 2005

Sundries Four and more

2. Not a "Not a Desperate Housewife" - Stacy has decided to close her blog. Her many fans will be disappointed. She was sharp and smart. But it's worth noting that she hasn't quit; she's simply re-organizing priorities, and the blog isn't one of them. In a way, it's like John Kruk: he got a base hit in his last at-bat for the Chicago White Sox, giving him an even .300 average over his career. He promptly shook hands with the first baseman and his line coach, and walked off the playing field forever. It was the best conclusion to "this season of my life," to quote Stacy's farewell, and it's fitting.

I hope to see her around the Web from time to time. In the meantime, a new slot now opens up in the Pantheon of Links. I'm open to suggestions, plugs, and shameless bribes...

3. Other programming notes - the Nightfly 2005 East Coast Tour starts on Christmas Eve at my cousin's big 7-fish feast, continues through Freehold at my ladybug's family bash, and down to Florida for a stay with Mama Bug. If I'm awake for any of it I'll try to do some remote posting.

No comments: