Thursday, December 08, 2005

Things to do in Jersey when you're sick

Today was intended to be the second part of the poker posts. My brain isn't working very well right now, however, so I'm stealing a meme from Cullen, Lisa, and Sheila. Have some facts!

1. My uncle once: funny, it's hard in my mind to separate them; my only two uncles are identical twins. I suppose it's safe to say that my uncle once passed himself off as his brother.
2. Never in my life: have I fired a gun.
3. When I was five: I was diagnosed as 'emotionally disturbed/ learning disabled' and put into the BOCES Special Education program on Long Island.
4. High School is: good for self-knowledge and gaining perspective in life, if you're lucky enough to be unpopular and picked-on.
5. My parents are: hard-working, devoted, creative, and determined.
6. I once met: Tony Szabo, pro roller-hockey player. He came to an open skate at our rink and made the whole pack of us look like lawn jockeys.
7. There's this girl I know who: I have a distant cousin who is trying to break into professional music. She plays piano and writes songs. I've only met her a couple of times.
8. Once, at a bar: had two beers and a shot the night before a tournament playoff. Then I went home while the rest of the team kept going. The next day we beat the #1, #2, and #4 seeds to win the tournament.
9. Last night: was Wednesday.
10. Next time I go to church: is tonight, a holy day of obligation for Roman Catholics (Feast of the Immaculate Conception).
11. When I turn my head left, I see: a window. It's old and drafty. Caulking has helped a little.
12. When I turn my head right, I see: my Dad's picture on the side of the desk, and then my printer, and then my bedroom door.
13. How many days until my birthday?: About 270, I'm not sure.
14. If I was a character written by Shakespeare I'd be: the first Shakespeare play we ever covered in class was Romeo and Juliet. I was Mercutio, but missed a day ill and was replaced. Ironically, they gave me Tybalt, so I got to kill my understudy.
15. By this time next year: I hope to finally have some of the larger stories fully-written.
16. A better name for me would be: I can't think of one. Every time they have one of those "What's Your ______ Name?" mine turns out like crap, so I'm keeping what I have.
17. I have a hard time understanding: Oh, it's a long list: calculus, cricket, modern novels. Also wondering, after Katy Hnida and everything else, what took Colorado so bloody long to fire Gary Barnett.
18. If I ever go back to school I: will graduate this time.
19. You know I like you if: I laugh when you bust on me.
20. If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my parents.
21. Take my advice: life is short, don't wait to live it.
22. My ideal breakfast is: eggs, sausage, hash browns, juice, coffee.
23. If you visit my hometown: walk the main drag through the village; stop at the Black Forest Bakery - which is still there. (PS - click "Special Occasions" and scroll down for a cake you can't refuse.)
24. Why won't someone: act responsibility with taxpayer funding?
25. If you spend the night at my house: you will be a little crowded, but most welcome.
26. I'd stop my wedding: when the priest said "The Mass is ended; you may kiss the bride." Anything else had better require the National Guard.
27. The world could do without: Baby Boomer nostalgia.
28. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: run for public office.
29. Paper clips are more useful than: toothpicks. In a pinch, you can use a paper clip on your teeth, but you can't fasten paper with a toothpick.
30. If I do anything well, it is: leaving it up to my friends to judge what I do well.
31. And by the way: you are all very kind to come by every day to share and reply to my ramblings. AND if I knew how long this would take I would have just gone ahead with the poker...

No comments: