Today was intended to be the second part of the poker posts. My brain isn't working very well right now, however, so I'm stealing a meme from Cullen, Lisa, and Sheila. Have some facts!
1. My uncle once: funny, it's hard in my mind to separate them; my only two uncles are identical twins. I suppose it's safe to say that my uncle once passed himself off as his brother.
2. Never in my life: have I fired a gun.
3. When I was five: I was diagnosed as 'emotionally disturbed/ learning disabled' and put into the BOCES Special Education program on Long Island.
4. High School is: good for self-knowledge and gaining perspective in life, if you're lucky enough to be unpopular and picked-on.
5. My parents are: hard-working, devoted, creative, and determined.
6. I once met: Tony Szabo, pro roller-hockey player. He came to an open skate at our rink and made the whole pack of us look like lawn jockeys.
7. There's this girl I know who: I have a distant cousin who is trying to break into professional music. She plays piano and writes songs. I've only met her a couple of times.
8. Once, at a bar: had two beers and a shot the night before a tournament playoff. Then I went home while the rest of the team kept going. The next day we beat the #1, #2, and #4 seeds to win the tournament.
9. Last night: was Wednesday.
10. Next time I go to church: is tonight, a holy day of obligation for Roman Catholics (Feast of the Immaculate Conception).
11. When I turn my head left, I see: a window. It's old and drafty. Caulking has helped a little.
12. When I turn my head right, I see: my Dad's picture on the side of the desk, and then my printer, and then my bedroom door.
13. How many days until my birthday?: About 270, I'm not sure.
14. If I was a character written by Shakespeare I'd be: the first Shakespeare play we ever covered in class was Romeo and Juliet. I was Mercutio, but missed a day ill and was replaced. Ironically, they gave me Tybalt, so I got to kill my understudy.
15. By this time next year: I hope to finally have some of the larger stories fully-written.
16. A better name for me would be: I can't think of one. Every time they have one of those "What's Your ______ Name?" mine turns out like crap, so I'm keeping what I have.
17. I have a hard time understanding: Oh, it's a long list: calculus, cricket, modern novels. Also wondering, after Katy Hnida and everything else, what took Colorado so bloody long to fire Gary Barnett.
18. If I ever go back to school I: will graduate this time.
19. You know I like you if: I laugh when you bust on me.
20. If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my parents.
21. Take my advice: life is short, don't wait to live it.
22. My ideal breakfast is: eggs, sausage, hash browns, juice, coffee.
23. If you visit my hometown: walk the main drag through the village; stop at the Black Forest Bakery - which is still there. (PS - click "Special Occasions" and scroll down for a cake you can't refuse.)
24. Why won't someone: act responsibility with taxpayer funding?
25. If you spend the night at my house: you will be a little crowded, but most welcome.
26. I'd stop my wedding: when the priest said "The Mass is ended; you may kiss the bride." Anything else had better require the National Guard.
27. The world could do without: Baby Boomer nostalgia.
28. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: run for public office.
29. Paper clips are more useful than: toothpicks. In a pinch, you can use a paper clip on your teeth, but you can't fasten paper with a toothpick.
30. If I do anything well, it is: leaving it up to my friends to judge what I do well.
31. And by the way: you are all very kind to come by every day to share and reply to my ramblings. AND if I knew how long this would take I would have just gone ahead with the poker...