Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday in the snow with George

The view around the neighborhood was quite lovely once the snow stopped... Until you had to actually dig out.

He beamed it where?  Mr. Scott!The Discount Chariot is under there somewhere. I figured that I'd start the excavations early and be ready for tomorrow morning's commute.

The rubber bristles make all the difference! That's the business end of the sweeper, to give you an idea of how deep a drift we're talking about. The snow was about 16 inches thick in this part of New Jersey.

This spot was parked in about ten minutes after I got out.
At last! Success! I learned from last year's big snowfall, when I parked on the other side of the street and got plowed in halfway through my shoveling. Again, a little shot with a common household item for perspective:

The symbol of cheap hand labor! By the way, I'm sorry about these annoying white borders. I am still figuring out the cropping and resizing business.

Can you spot the diety in this picture? I took a walk after and checked out some of the rest of the neighborhood, and found this at the local chapel. Somebody's peeping out from under all of that tree and snow.

Some mulled cider would be so SWEET right about now. He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake...

I wish I'd had more time. Once you don't actually have to do anything or go anywhere, this is actually a lot of fun - walking around, no place to be, snapping some pics, enjoying the general peace and quiet, and saying hello to fellow shovelers.

Not everyone digs this sort of thing, of course. [Digs. Heheheheh.] Mr. B, if I could have, I would have sent this guy over.

Snowblowers are for pansiesI've had it to here with the shovels, thankyouverymuch.

No comments: