Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My pettiness

If you know your regular keeper is out for the day, and you email me and ask me to sub for you, and I say yes... and you know I can play because my team has won the last two leagues, and your team usually goes 1-8 every season, and I've played and won for you before...

...why would you show up for the game with another goalie?

This could have been prevented.

OK, I'm a petty little snot for advertising, but I'm a little miffed at getting left like that; besides, I'm very competitive. I'm reasonably sure I could have won that game, since the actual winners were missing their best player and had exactly one substitute. (Ball hockey is so ghetto.)

NB - The new guy coughed up as many in one game as I have in my last five games combined (plus one extra period).

No comments: