Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sin For a Season

Steve Taylor put it best.

There's a sweaty hand handling his cocktail napkin
"come on up and see me" is scribbled with a gold pen
"but you'd better ring twice"
seven months after his little indiscretion
he sits with his wife at a therapy sessionfor a little advice
"if the healing happens as the time goes by
tell me why I still can't look her in the eye"
"God I'm only human, got no other reason..."
sin for a season


WASHINGTON (AP) - Louisiana Sen. David Vitter, whose telephone number was disclosed by the so-called "D.C. Madam" accused of running a prostitution ring, says he is sorry for a "serious sin" and that he has already made peace with his wife.

"This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible," Vitter said Monday in a printed statement. "Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there - with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way."

Vitter's spokesman, Joel Digrado, confirmed the statement Monday evening in an e-mail to The Associated Press after a statement purported to be from Vitter was received by to the AP bureau in New Orleans.

It said his telephone number was on old phone records of Pamela Martin and Associates before he ran for the Senate.

Will public Christians and social conservatives get special scrutiny from the press? Of course - and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It keeps you on your toes knowing that these Medienheuren are out to get you. I will be stunned if the media found a Dem or one of their own (I know. redundant) that it would be made public.

Senator Vitter at least had the good sense to get straight with Mrs. Vitter about this long ago. You don't want the wife to be surprised by stuff like this.

No comments: