Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm glad that's settled

Those Argentinian Catholic doctors are on the ball.

In the wake of a scandal caused by school professor who dresses up as a woman, the Consortium of Catholic Doctors of Buenos Aires rejected the idea that sexuality is sentimental and not biological, noting that science demonstrates that only two sexes exist: male and female.

The group of experts issued a statement referring to the case of a school teacher in Tierra del Fuego, who “dresses up as a woman and wears makeup.” Radical groups have backed the teacher saying, “What is important is what the person ‘feels’ and one’s sex is not biological, but rather the result of psychological and emotional impulses that attract the person to others of the same or of the opposite sex.”

“The natural, biological and scientific truth is that there are only two sexes: male and female,” the doctors countered. This has been demonstrated genetically, hormonally, anatomically and physiologically, they added.

Is it a sign of the Lord's return that we need scientists to confirm what most of us figured out when we were three? That a medical degree is needed to tell us that little boys have this and little girls have that?

I feel sorry for Steve Stanton, but no matter how much you like the Shania song "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" wearing drag, pumping yourself up with female hormones and having your wing-wang removed will not make it so.

Say I tell my doctor that I am a billy goat trapped in a man's body. Would my body be altered surgically to fit my feelings? Our would I be sent to the puzzle house?

Years ago, when I was still in the New Jersey Air Guard, I told my commander that I was a male lesbian - a woman trapped in a man's body, but attracted to other women.

No comments: