Friday, September 28, 2007

Start working on that second gallon..

...because I can give blood again.

About four years ago I was told I couldn't give because back in the 80's I had spent three years in Germany on a taxpayer-funded vacation. The reason I was told is the fear of mad cow disease; three years of schnitzel eating may have put the bug in me, and there is no test for a living person.

I called Florida Blood Services today and the prohibition has been narrowed. I have never been to the UK, and I haven't spend more than five years outside the good old USA.

Some of the questions they ask ("Have you ever been in the parking lot of the Neptune, NJ Days Inn?") I like to think how Bill Clinton or Larry Craig would answer them.

Now if I can only remember if I've had sex with another man since 1977.

No comments: