Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why is Joel Osteen...

...all of a sudden ignorant of Mormonism?

More specifically, Osteen was asked about the Mormon faith, and whether a Mormon could be classified as "a true Christian."

"In my mind they are," Osteen said. "Mitt Romney has said that he believes in Christ as his Savior, and that's what I believe. I'm not the one to judge the little details of [Romney's religion], so I believe [Mormons are Christians] and Mitt Romney seems like a man of character and integrity to me and I don't think anything would stop me from voting for him if that's what I felt like."

When asked about specifics of the Mormon faith, such as the gold tablets allegedly found by Joseph Smith with the so-called "new revelation" from God, and the belief that humans can become gods, Osteen said he did not know enough about the religion's beliefs to comment.

"I certainly can't say that I agree with everything that I've heard about it," the Houston pastor responded. "But from what I've heard from Mitt, when he says that Christ is his Savior, to me that's a common bond."

This guy preaches to 47,000 people every Sunday, could he be that admittedly ignorant?

Or maybe his memory is bad because a Mormon publisher is selling his book!

Jesus: Where your treasure is, your heart is also.

Deep Throat: Follow the money.

No comments: