Friday, April 25, 2008

We are hiring..

..and we have high standards. One of them is that you have to be able to speak English.

I know I sound bitter and I'm probably clinging to my gun and my religion and my hatred of others not like me, but if you are going to be an A/C service tech for us you need to be able to talk to customers.

A woman called me about a job opening on behalf of her brother. In these cases I always ask why the candidate isn't calling me himself, and the answer is always that the candidate can't speak English. Can he fill out a job application? The sister goes on job interviews with him.

In trying to get a gauge on the brother's English I asked if he's been to HVAC school. Yes , he has. I thought this is a good sign; he must speak English well enough to understand the teaching. Nein, meine Dammen und Herren, for here in Tampa there are HVAC classes taught en Espanol. The day will come, if it hasn't already, when I will need to learn Spanish to function in my own country.

This is why I am no longer a Republican. Last summer's illegal immigration caper made me realise that the GOP is has no principles. The day Voting Bloc B is greater than Voting Bloc A then the party will pursue B and ignore A.

I am, what they call in Florida, No Party Afilliation (NPA). I am a free man, and no longer obligated to carry water for these pandering votewhores.

No comments: