Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I just signed the papers...

.....to become a notary public in the state of Florida.

I took the three-hour online course (no biggy) on Monday and the bond agent came over and gave me the papers.

You are probably wondering why a clerk for an air conditioning contractor needs to be a notary. It is to fulfill a gummint requirement. Not only do you have to pull a permit to replace a central air system, but now the homeowner needs to sign a notarized Notice of Commencement. As a notary, I can take care of this on the job site instead of our customer having to search for a notary to take care of a job that in most cases will only take one day.

One thing I learned. A Florida Notary Public has the authority to marry people. And with Valentine's Day approaching that may come in handy.

No comments: