Friday, October 05, 2007

Atlantic City Mayor AWOL

He may be seeking medical attention in an undisclosed location.

The U.S. Attorney's Office has launched a probe into Atlantic City Mayor Bob Levy, whose indefinite, hush-hush leave of absence on medical reasons has other officials and the public scratching their heads.

Authorities are trying to determine whether Levy's false claims to have served with the Army Green Berets in Vietnam were meant to boost his veteran's benefits, an official with knowledge of the case said Thursday. The official spoke anonymously because the investigation is ongoing.

In Levy 2005 campaign he played up his Green Beret status, but note this:

The Press of Atlantic City used military records that verified Levy was a 20-year Army veteran with two Bronze Stars and two tours of duty in Vietnam but was not a member of the Army Special Forces.

I wonder why Mayor Levy needed to embellish his very impressive record. If I were to lie about my military record that lie would resemble his real record. He needs our prayers; his country asked him to do some nasty stuff on our behalf and some of it doesn't go away.

For the record, I'm blind in one eye and can't see out the other. The Air Force, and later the Air Guard assigned me duties where I would not be able to hurt myself or others. My greatest military accomplishments would be eating German Shepherd on Guam (tastes like very salty surloin) and drinking beer on three continents.

No comments: