Monday, May 12, 2008

I Called Mom Yesterday

She lives in Albany NY with my brother's family. It's not health issues; she was living alone in a house and some prowler was looking for a way in and eventually gave up. Which was good for the prowler because Mom comes from midwest Pennsylvania country stock and is much like Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies, and she was waiting for him with a Louisville Slugger. So the prowler lives to prowl for another day, and Mom is no longer living alone.

Mom asked me to look for retirement places for her down here in Tampa FL. She told me she is looking into moving down here.

And I don't believe her. I knew she wasn't going anywhere the day her great-grandbaby was born. The little girl is now 1 1/2 years old and Mom babysits every Tuesday & Thursday. The way she talks about the little sweetie I doubt Mom is going anywhere until the kid turns 18. But we will see.

That's right, folks. I have a younger sister who is a grandmother.

No comments: