Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Moving tribute

Via the Judge, an absolutely fantastic (and true) story from RJ Lippincott. (Check the comments.)

The woman's voice at the other end of the line was slow, sounding like my call had just roused her from a deep sleep. Of course, that was impossible, she was the one who called me. "No request, I just wanted to thank you for announcing my dog. He's a good dog, he needs a good home."

"I'll keep announcing it, but we haven't had any interest yet. But I'm confused, there doesn't seem to be any way for someone to get in touch with you. Can I have your name and phone number?"

"No. When you have someone who wants the dog, you announce it on the air. I'm listening. I'll call you."

"OK. Do you mind if I ask why you're giving the dog away?"

"I'm dying."

Read it all. Tremendous.

No comments: